Father receiving kiss and hug from young child


Am I eligible for the MNT4P Program?

If you are in need of medical nutrition therapy related services (medical foods, low-protein modified foods, treatment-related supplies, insurance navigation, etc.), have a confirmed diagnosis of an inherited metabolic disorder and are being followed by The Emory Metabolic Clinic or currently residing in the state of Georgia, you qualify for MNT4P regardless of income status.

How do I get access to MNT4P services?

To get access to MNT4P services, MNT4P enrollment is required.  To get more information on enrolling or checking the status of enrollment, please click Contact Us.

How can I find out if I qualify for Women, Infant & Children (WIC) services? 

You may qualify to receive services (nutrition services, foods, formula) from WIC.  Click here.  Follow the same link if you have questions about picking up vouchers.

Who should I contact to order my monthly medical food (formula) and/or amino acids during an emergency (i.e. hurricane, snow storm, outbreak, etc.)? 

To prevent a delay in your medical food and/or amino acid shipment, please do not wait until you are out or down to your last can, pouch, packet or sachet of medical food and/or amino acid.  Please allow enough time for processing your request.

If you receive your monthly medical food and/or amino acid from Women, Infants & Children (WIC) and/or MNT4P, please continue to call the main line of The Emory Clinic – Human Genetics at 404-778-8570 (option 2).  If you receive your monthly medical food and/or amino acids from a durable medical equipment (DME) company or patient assistance program, please contact them directly.  If you are having any medical food access or shipment issues, please contact MNT4P at the link https://mnt4p.org/contact-us-patients-families/.


How do I re-order my medical food (formula), or request a metabolic medication prescription refill?

You can re-order your formula or request a medication refill by calling the main line for the Emory Clinic – Department of Human Genetics at (404) 778-8570, and choosing Option 2.


Can I order more than one month of medical food (formula) supply?

To provide equal and appropriate access to medical foods, MNT4P can only supply medical food (formula) one month at a time.

Who should I contact if I need help working with my insurance company related to medical foods?

If you are looking for assistance with insurance navigation, please contact Tammy Scott at the Emory Department of Human Genetics at (404) 778-8497.

How can I make a clinic appointment?

To schedule an appointment with a metabolic geneticist, please call (404) 778-8570, Option 1.

How do I get to the Clinic?

The address for the clinic is 1365 Clifton Road, Building B, Suite 2200, Atlanta, GA 30322.

Directions »

I would like for my child’s school to be able to serve him/her low-protein foods through the cafeteria line. Where do I begin?

Cambrooke offers a School Lunch Program and Food Services Guide to help you get started.


When should I do my filter papers?

EGL Genetics (Eurofins) is no longer processing PKU filter papers. ARUP lab will process the PKU filter papers for clinic patients. 

Key points to remember:

  • Please throw away all EGL Genetics pre-addressed envelopes.
  • Filter papers should only be mailed in the provided green-labeled envelopes.
  • When completing a filter paper, you must include patient name, date of birth and date of collection (click here for an example) 

If you have questions or need more envelopes/filter papers, please contact the clinic main line at 404-778-8570.

 MNT4P is grateful for the opportunity to bridge this gap in service for filter paper monitoring for Georgia’s PKU community during this transition period.

Filter papers should be done fasting or 2-3 hours after eating.  Please do not include your 3-day food records in the filter paper mailing.  The food records should be emailed (preferably) or mailed to your dietitian.

Do I have to complete a food record for a filter paper or clinic visit?

Yes.  A 3-day food record should be completed when a filter paper is done.  For clinic visits, a 3-day food record should be submitted. If you cannot do a 3-day food record, please at least submit a 24-hour recall.

What should I do in case of a medical or nutrition-related emergency?

In the case of a medical emergency, please call 911 or page the geneticist on call at (404) 686-5500, PIC# 50263.